Monday, July 20, 2009

Daniel Radcliffe: Ready to Move On

daniel radcliffe
daniel radcliffe

Ready to try new things in the movie world, “Harry Potter” star Daniel Radcliffe cannot wait for the taping of the movies to be done.

The 19-year-old has played Harry Potter since his pre-teen age of 11, recently saying, “We’re getting to the finish line.”

But although he’s excited to move on, he’s willingly ready to admit it will be weird. “It’s going to be very strange. At the moment, whenever someone calls up with a script for a really great part, and they say they’re shooting in April, and I have to say I’m not available. To not have to do that anymore will be quite liberating.”

And how will he decide what roles to play? “I never have to work again unless I want to do it. Once you’re in the position where you can be very, very choosy as an actor, you have a duty to be very, very selective about what you do.”

Meanwhile, while Harry Potter has been banking in the money, Radcliffe doesn’t even think about that.“Money is not what motivates me. It’s never been a driving factor in my life or in the lives of anyone around me growing up. It’s not even an issue.”

No comments: