Saturday, July 11, 2009

Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo: My ambition is huge

real madrid
real madrid cristiano

Real Madrid's new superstar Cristiano Ronaldo is hungry to add more trophies to his massive personal trove with his new football club.

During his past six years at Manchester United, Ronaldo, 24, won three Premier League titles, the UEFA Champions League, an FA Cup and the FIFA World Club Cup, as well as the FIFA Player of the Year title.

Despite the incredible success Cristiano has had at such a young age, he insists he's ambitious for more trophies and title wins with Real Madrid. "I'm still hungry, and for me it's as if I haven't won anything," Ronaldo told Spanish sports daily AS.

"This is a different stage in my life and my career and I have the same ambition as when I started," says the Portuguese soccer stud. "I'm starting at zero and I want to win more titles at Madrid than I did at Manchester."

Cristiano recently made international headlines when United agreed to sell him to Real Madrid for a whopping $131 million transfer fee, making him the most expensive player in football history.

Ronaldo, who has been playing soccer since age three, is one of the leanest, fastest and fittest athletes to grace the world stage. At 6'1" and 182 lbs., Cristiano is known for his intense competitiveness and incredible work ethic [Find out his diet & fitness secrets here].

In stark contrast to the volatile relationship Ronaldo had with British football fans (who last year voted him the most hated player in England's Premier League), some 80,000 enthusiastic admirers showed up at Spain's Santiago Bernabeu stadium on July 6 to welcome Cris when he was officially presented with the Real Madrid jersey.

In addition to a warmer home crowd, Ronaldo is looking forward to a less combative style of football in Spain. "Football in England is different; it is more physical," he told Sky News. "There are some teams who know they can't compete with you on a football level, so they just kick you. It's frustrating and something needs to be done to protect the skillful players, because one day someone will get seriously hurt."

With England behind him, Cristiano is excited to start the new season--and win more trophies. "It's what I've always liked: to play and win titles."

No comments: