Sunday, July 5, 2009

Thiago Silva: I Want To Make History With Milan Just Like Kaka Did

kaka
Thiago Silva: I Want To Make History With Milan Just Like Kaka Did

Milan defender Thiago Silva is eyeing Champions League glory next season, as he aims to make history with the club.

The 24-year-old arrived from Fluminense during the winter transfer window but he was unable to play during the remainder of last term because of the club's non-EU player quotas.

However, as of this month, Silva will be able to play for the Rossoneri in every competition and he is eyeing both European and domestic silverware.

"Having not played six months has hurt me, but now there are many great things to come like the Scudetto and Champions League and Milan can do well in both competitions," Silva told Jornal do Brasil.

"I want to make history with Milan, just like Kaka did. If I can show my value, I can also return to the Brazil national team."

Paolo Maldini has been helping Silva adapt to his new life in Milan, and the legendary Italian gave him valuable advice.

"Maldini told me to learn Italian so I can communicate easier on the pitch, as I already know how to play," he revealed.

No comments: