Thursday, August 13, 2009

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar: Milan Is Perfect For Me

huntelaar
huntelaar milan

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar signed for Milan from Real Madrid last week and is already enjoying his new surroundings.

"Before accepting a transfer to Milan, I spoke at length with management and Leonardo," he explained to the Corriere dello Sport on Tuesday.

"There are no guarantees on the number of games I will play, but I will play plenty. Several clubs were interested in me, but I am sure I've made the right choice."

The Dutch striker was only at Real Madrid for half a season, before president Florentino Perez's re-instatement saw a massive spending spree that brought in stars such as Kaka, Cristiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema, pushing out Huntelaar after just 20 appearances.

"It's true, I didn't expect things to end like that, but in Italy it will be fine. I have carefully chosen my new team and Milan will be perfect," the 25-year-old concluded.

According to the latest reports, it's possible the former Ajax star could make his debut for the Rossoneri on August 14 against Pescara.

No comments: