Sunday, July 26, 2009

Taylor Lautner, Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart of The Twilight Saga: New Moon

taylor lautner
taylor lautner

Fanbolt was present at the 2009 San Diego Comic-Con's press conference for The Twilight Saga: New Moon. Stars Taylor Lautner, Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart were on the panel and answered questions from the press, which we've got for you below!

So guys, another year another Comic-Con. How does it feel for all three of you to be back this year?

Taylor: It's good; it's exciting. I think last year Comic-Con was the big eye-opener for us, so it's awesome to be back and embrace all of our fans again for everything they've done in this past year.

Robert: You can't claim ignorance anymore; you actually have to have something to say, which is much more terrifying.

Robert, in the book, even though you leave Bella, you're very much an integral part of the story, because you're constantly part of her thoughts, but I know that that know that can be a challenge to represent onscreen. How did you and director Chris Weitz try to accomplish this?

Robert: Well, it's through a kind of process. It's just a voice. Edward's just a voice in the book, and so I guess it would look pretty cheesy if it were just my voice. They've done these hallucinations, these semi-visible apparitions.

Kristen: It's subjective. It's like how she remembers him, and not necessarily how he actually is.

Robert: Yeah.

Taylor, I think everyone wants to know about Jacob Black's transformation in this movie. Can you talk a little about that and your personal transformation that you had to go through to play the role?

Taylor: When I was filming Twilight I knew that Jacob's character changed a lot. So if I wanted to continue portraying him correctly, I had a lot of work ahead of myself. So as soon as I finished filming Twilight I started hitting the gym, got a personal trainer, started eating a lot of food - good food, of course: proteins, good carbs, cut the sugars - and it was a lot of work, but it was definitely worth it.

Kristen, in the Twilight series Bella's story arc really starts to develop in New Moon , in the second book and film. She becomes an active protagonist. Was it more difficult to prepare for this role this time around or vice versa?

Kristen: I wouldn't say that one was more difficult than the other. This is a severely emotional movie. That's the one big difference. This movie is not about discovery or falling in love which is sort of just an intense emotion but this is like low and there high points for her, too. She's a manic depressive basically. To have a character be able to pull her out of that, it's a hefty feat which I think we pulled off. But for me, like, I don't know. There was no difference. It was just sort of heavier and it was more to think about. It's a more mature part strictly because she's older and she has more to deal with.

No comments: